We at Speechnotes, Speechlogger, TextHear, Speechkeys value your privacy, and that's why we do not store anything you say or type or in fact any other data about you - unless it is solely needed for the purpose of your operation. We don't share it with 3rd parties, other than Google / Microsoft for the speech-to-text engine.
Handling recordings and results
- Transcription service
Our transcription service is probably the most private and secure transcription service available.
- HIPAA compliant.
- No human in the loop. No passing your recording between PCs, emails, employees, etc.
- Secure encrypted communications (https) with and between our servers.
- Recordings are automatically deleted from our servers as soon as the transcription is done.
- Our contract with Google / Microsoft (our speech engines providers) prohibits them from keeping any audio or results.
- Transcription results are securely kept on our secure database. Only you have access to them - only if you sign in (or provide your secret credentials through the API)
- You may choose to delete the transcription results - once you do - no copy remains on our servers.
- Dictation notepad & extension
The results of the dictation are saved locally on your machine - via the browser's / app's local storage. It never gets to our servers. So, as long as your device is private - your notes are private.
Payments method privacy
The whole payments process is delegated to PayPal / Stripe / Google Pay / Play Store / App Store and secured by these providers. We never receive any of your credit card information.
More generic notes regarding our site, cookies, analytics, ads, etc.
- We may use Google Analytics on our site - which is a generic tool to track usage statistics.
- For the dictation tool - we use your browser's local storage to store your notes, so you can access them later.
- In case you would like to upload files to Google Drive directly from Speechnotes - we'll ask for your permission to do so. We will use that permission for that purpose only - syncing your speech-notes to your Google Drive, per your request.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Effective Date: 1st March 2023